Wednesday, July 16, 2008

First Entry!

I have a few friends that have a blog and I decided to start one. I thought it would be a great way to post pictures of Grant instead of sending out mass emails to everyone and also be able to stay in touch with people and have something that documents what is going on in our lives. I heard that you can create a scrapbook using a blog so hopefully I will figure out how to do that.

We got a ski boat a few weeks ago so we've had fun going out to the lake. We celebrated the 4th of July in Paris. (Texas, of course) We took the boat to Paris and went out to the lake. We had fun hanging out with our family.

We went on a little family vacation to San Antonio with NiNi and Po (Kyle's mom and her husband Bob) and took Grant to Sea World. Grant enjoyed swimming at the hotel more than anything. My mom said that I needed to start writing things down that Grant says or I will forget so I am writing something he said on our way to San Antonio. We were in the car and Grant spotted a tractor (he can spot one a mile a way and knows what it is: a tractor, backhoe, bulldozer, grater, etc.) and Norma/NiNi (my mother-n-law) told Grant he had tractor eyes. He laughed and said, "That's hilarious!" I am not sure where he came up with the word hilarious and what it actually means but I thought it was funny.

Well hopefully I will keep this up. I think it would be fun to look back on one day!

Grant and MawMaw waiting for the firework show to start!


Grant and cousin Emmi swimming at PawPaw and Granny's house


My brother-n-law and my father-n-law tubing (it was hilarious)

Our nephews-Blake and Kyler tubing

Grant's first trip to Sea World. We had a lot of fun!


They are getting ready to go see the sharks for the 2nd time.

Grant with NiNi and Po

2 comments:

Kara Wilson said...

Hey Sweet Melissa!
I LOVE your blog- your Grant is absolutely precious... just the cutest thing ever! I just love the picture of him blowing kisses! I am going to add you to my blog list, too!
It was so fun seeing you at Chick Fil A & Hobby Lobby!! :) We have been saying this forever, but we would seriously love to get together with you guys. Tanner loves older kids so I know he would have so much fun playing with Grant!!! :)
Hope you are loving your summer!!! Can you believe we only have 4 weeks left- boo hoo! I look forward to keeping up with your sweet family through your blog!!
XOXO, Kara Wilson :)

Meredith said...

Hey girl! Of course I remember you because you were so much fun to talk to and so sweet! Grant is such a cutie! I'm definitely adding you to my friend list so that I can keep checking on your family. And, we really all should get together before school starts! Maybe you, me and Kara can meet for lunch sometime!!
Meredith