Sunday, January 18, 2009

Grant is going to have a little.......

BROTHER! We cannot believe that we already found out! We went to the doctor for a sequential screening to make sure that everything looked healthy and came out not only finding out we have a healthy baby but a healthy baby boy!

My blood work was sent off but by looking at the sonogram the doctor thought everything looked good. That is what I had been praying for every single day. The lady that did the sonogram asked us if we were going to find out the gender and we said that we were. She asked if we wanted her guess and I said yes! She said that her guess was a boy. She told us she never tells the doctor her guess, so we could see what he thought, but they are very good at telling the gender.

The doctor came in and did the sonogram as well. He was looking at everything and at the end I asked him what he thought as far as gender and he said, "Oh, you want to know what you are having?" Of course, I said that I did and he without question said, It's a boy. He had no question it was a little boy. They could tell by the reproductive system and how the dots were stacked on top of each other. A girl they dots are side by side. I was a little shocked that they were so certain.

Of course, my initial thought was I knew it would be a boy, and in the back of my mind I was thinking, "No little girl...." I am very excited for Grant because I know he will love having a brother. Kyle said he always wanted a brother and I can see that because I have always loved having a sister!!! I will post some of the sonogram pictures as soon as I get them back. I left them at my parent's house in Paris this weekend. :(

6 comments:

Kara Wilson said...

Oh how fun to be a "BOY MOM"!!! I know exactly what you mean about wanting a little brother for Grant. Selfishly, I would love a little girl, but for Tanner, I absolutely would love for him to have a brother! What a special bond they will always have!!! I am SO, SO excited for your sweet little family!!!! Congrats again!!!

Tina said...

Very exciting!! Congatulations!

Meredith said...

How exciting that you found out!! I'm having the same screening the first week of February so hopefully they'll be able to tell with mine! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to hear what you guys decide to name him!!!

Jenny said...

How exciting to already know! Grant will love having a brother and you will love seeing them interact. I love that my boys have each other. We will have to get all our boys together one day!! Congrats to you guys!!!

The Wolfe Family said...

Congrats on the big news!! Little boys are so much fun!!

Amy said...

Congratulations! Awesome news!