Monday, August 18, 2008

I love my Gator!!!

Nana and Pa'Paw are home!!! We are so glad to have my parents back home. They were actually gone for 3 1/2 months. A few days before they came home I had to work some on Thursday and Friday. PawPaw (Kyle's dad) came and stayed the night Thursday night and watched Grant Thursday and Friday. Thursday night we went to eat at P.F. Changs and it was really good. Kyle and his dad had not been there before and they both really liked it. Grant had a great time with his PawPaw.

Thanks PawPaw for coming down and playing with me!!! Love, Grant

On Friday I finished by 1:00, so Grant and I went ahead and rode to Paris with my father-n-law (because my parents were going to be home around 3:00). When we arrived at my parent's house my parents headed out the door to meet us. It was soooo good to see them. Grant was a little shy at first, but went straight to my dad (Pa'Paw) when he held his hands out. Later, Kyle got into town and we all went to eat at Don's (it is an all you can eat fish, shrimp, etc...place) and it was great. When we got back home my parents had a big surprise for Grant. How cute is this....

They were going to wait until Saturday morning because it was dark by the time we got back home, but of course my dad couldn't stand it and had to give it to him!

I love my Gator!!! Thanks Nana and Pa'Paw.


Grant and Pa'Paw-this is the last picture I got before my camera went dead. :(

Grant stayed with them last night and is staying tonight too. Grant-last night you did great going to bed but woke up around 3:45am wanting your mommy. Nothing was soothing you so Nana decided to go into the living room and watch Shrek with you. She couldn't stand you crying. She was willing to do anything to get you to stop (that was her own words-ha). You finally stopped and ended up falling asleep after you and Nana watched ALL of Shrek. I hate that you cried, but I am glad you still want your mommy. I cried as daddy and I were driving off leaving you for some reason. This wasn't the first time we left you overnight before, but I just got a little upset. I cannot wait to see you tomorrow!!!
Love you! -Mommy

4 comments:

Kara Wilson said...

Hey Melissa!
I hope your first day back was a good one! Can you believe our summer is over???? I hope to see you sometime this week during in-service!!! If not, have a great first day!!! :)

deidra said...

Parker will be so jealous of Grant's new gator! :) I'm glad your parents are back. Grant will love getting to go there and ride his gator. Hope you have a great first week with the kids! Parker has been asking about Grant, so we need to get together soon.

Brooke said...

Aww...so cute! So cool you found us! I can't believe how fast Grant seems to grow! Good luck with school this week! :)

Tina said...

Hola!! So good to hear from you! Little Grant is so adorable! Are you against arranged marriages...lol ;-)
Can't wait to catch up...see you soon!
And I'm adding ya'll to my blog list...hugs, t