Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

I am finally getting around to writing about our Thanksgiving Break...we had a good time starting with going to Beavers Bend for the weekend with NiNi, Po, LuLu (Lindsey-my sister-n-law), Chad, and Emmi. We had a great time just hanging out there, eating, reading magazines, building fires, making smores, and Grant's favorite part was the surprise he and Emmi got.....they both got a 4 wheeler from NiNi and Po. It was soooo cold but Grant went out a few times to ride it. He cannot wait to ride it again when we go out to Abilene to have Christmas.








Uncle Chad took the pic.-he was trying to get Emmi to look, but as he snapped it she looked over at her big cousin Grant.


Then we stayed the rest of the week in Paris and had Thanksgiving at MawMaw's and then at NaNa and Papaw's (my parents) house. My mom, sister and I have started the crazy tradition of going to my house Thanksgiving night to stay and getting up EARLY the next morning to go shopping all day. This time we were at Kohl's at 4:00am...yes you heard me right-4:00!! We have so much fun going. During the break, my best friend from high school, Shawna's mom passed away so we went to family night and to the funeral. It was so good to spend some time with Shawna and go eat dinner and hang out together. I loved her mom, she was such a sweet person. Several of our friend's were there and it was really good to see them. Kyle killed a deer with his bow for the first time so he was excited. We had a great break and cannot wait for Christmas break to get here!!!



Claudia is taking the picture here..Grant is actually smiling for the picture!


He had fun riding his gator at the deer woods...


At the movies...w/Aunt Kendra, Blake, and Kyler (Madagascar 2)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Kohls...4am...yeah me too! It was so much fun. I'm so sorry to hear about Shawna's mom, but I'm glad you got to be there for her. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.