Monday, April 6, 2009

The bedding has been picked!!!

On Saturday we headed to Sulphur Springs to meet my mom so that I could go with her to Canton. Kyle and Grant headed on to Pittsburg to hang out with Jay (for his b-day) and little Miss Kaylie. Grant went fishing, rode on a horse, and sat on several bulldozers, which he LOVED! When I got to their house that night, you should have seen his little face-it was covered in dirt.

Mom and I went to meet with a girl in Canton that makes custom baby bedding. Jay's wife, Kelly has a booth in Canton and had told me about this girl there and how good she was. I wasn't expecting to check this off my list already, but I can now! The bedding has been ordered and she will begin working on it soon...it is going to take about 9 weeks, but it might be a little sooner. Most of you that know me pretty well, know I am not the best at making decisions quickly and it is obvious who I get that from-my mother who was the one with me, so you can only imagine...we spent at least two hours or more at her booth, laying fabric around and looking at different ideas, because there were sooo many different things you could do with it. She had a set there with most of the fabrics that I wanted to use, but we had to figure out what we wanted to change which we ended up changing a lot. I couldn't have done it with out her. THANKS MOM!

We had fun eating for the most part-ha! We started with corny dogs at 10:30 that morning, and then had roasted corn on the cob and a philly cheesesteak for lunch, and of course before we finished the day out we had to get a funnel cake-ha! Wow, that was a lot of food, not to mention what I ate for dinner...we had a such a good time!

After Canton, I rode to Pittsburg with Kelly and her mom. When we got there we ate ribs that Kyle had cooked for Jay's b-day. They were soooo good! He can definitely cook some ribs! Then we had an icecream birthday cake-Grant's favorite part!

Here is a picture of the fabric swatches that I took with my camera...


I am really excited to see it when it is all put together!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow that's really neat! I love the fabric swatches. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product! Whenever we get around to having mroe kiddos I might have to get her name from you. All of Cam's family live in Canton so we always have a reason to get out there.

Tina said...

and ribs sound delicious! does kyle want to share his secret???? :) living up here, i don't get good bbq :(
love the fabric!! any name choices yet?

Meredith said...

What a fun day at Canton! You can't go to Canton without eating the good stuff! I LOVE the fabric you chose! You'll have to take pictures of the final product! So, I guess you're making a new nursery? We're just using the same one we did with Reid and moving him to the other room and making it a "big boy" room, but I'm missing picking out new nursery colors and stuff! How have you been feeling? Are you ready for summer?